To add fields to the virtual table, call AddField method. Then you define new fields or load existing table files so that virtual table object becomes initialized and ready to be opened.
When you close the virtual table, it will discard its record set. To keep data you entered at design-time for later use you may wish to include voStored option in the Options property.
At run-time you need to call SaveToFile method explicitly to store modifications to the file that may be retrieved back into the virtual table by calling LoadFromFile method later.
The following list describes the main features of the TVirtualTable component:
- Free of charge binaries.
- 64-bit support.
- Mac OS X support.
- iOS support.
- FireMonkey support.
- Represents an in-memory dataset.
- Can store record data in the file (at run-time) and in dfm (at design-time).
- Provides expanded ability for locating records.
- Supports records filtering.
- Local sorting ability by several field.
- Allows to add and remove fields to the existing data.
- Optimized string and row data storing.
- Available source code by registration.
VirtualTable can be used with the following integrated development environments:
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE4
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE3
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE
- Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010
- CodeGear RAD Studio 2009
- CodeGear RAD Studio 2007
- Borland Developer Studio 2006
- Turbo Delphi Professional
- Turbo Delphi for .NET Professional
- Turbo C++ Professional
- Borland Delphi 2005
- Borland Delphi 7
- Borland Delphi 6
- Borland C++Builder 6